Vice President of Development
The Vice President of Development serves under the President and is primarily responsible for coordinating and conducting all fundraising activities, including annual giving, special events, capital campaign, and planned giving programs necessary to ensure that The Family Foundation can perform, finance and meaningfully expand its mission. You can read more about this position here.
Vice President of Communications and Government Relations
The Vice President of Communications and Government Relations serves under the President and is responsible for the strategic messaging of policy proposals and the relational and political positioning of the organization for legislative success. You can read more about this position here.
The Family Foundation of Virginia is actively recruiting college students for our summer internship program.
If you are interested in law and public policy, monitoring legislation, research and writing, political media, event planning, fundraising, grassroots, elections, ministry, or special projects with a legislative or cultural emphasis, as well as working with an experienced team of professionals prepared to mentor, this is an internship you cannot afford to miss. Our interns are involved in challenging work that will give them real-life experience to benefit them in their future careers.
Applications are received on a rolling-admissions basis; there are no admissions deadlines. However, slots fill up quickly.
What does a Family Foundation internship include?
- $1,500 stipend for two months
- Free housing
- Parking pass for downtown office
- Weekly biblical worldview training and discussion
- Additional reading and educational resources for your personal use (material subject to department)
- Invitation to Family Foundation events, including our annual gala
- Participation in challenging and worthwhile projects
To apply, please complete our Internship Application
Completed applications should be submitted to Erica Newman
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail: The Family Foundation | attn: Erica Newman | 919 E. Main St., Ste. 1110 | Richmond, VA 23219
- By Phone: (804) 343-0010
The Family Foundation page program is available for high school students only. Our program begins the Monday before the second Wednesday in January and lasts for 60 days in even-numbered years and 45 days in odd-numbered years.
During session, our hours are 8 to 5 and pages are encouraged to work at least 1 full day or 2 half days so they can experience as much as possible. The Family Foundation’s office (919 E. Main Street, 11th Floor) is located in the SunTrust building at the corner of 9th and Main Streets (two blocks from the Richmond Capitol).
Pages will work directly with our full time staff, contract lobbyists, General Assembly coordinator, interns, as well as other pages. Tasks include but are not limited to
- Delivering Family Foundation policy research and briefs to legislation
- Assisting our staff and interns with administrative office tasks
- Attending some committee meetings and House/Senate floor debates
- Assisting in preparation for our annual Day at the Capitol and Legislative Briefing
For more information, please contact Erica Newman by phone at 804-343-0010 or by email at tffresume@FamilyFoundation.org .