Government Relations Director
The Government Relations Director assists the Legislative Counsel with the formulation, development, and implementation of The Family Foundation legislative agenda. This position participates in all areas of the public policy division, including: drafting and disseminating public policy positions; speaking on The Family Foundation positions; developing and maintaining relationships with Virginia’s elected officials and related staff. You can read more about this position here.
The Communications Director is responsible for the strategic messaging of The Family Foundation’s positions and the organization’s branding. As the head of Communications, this position is responsible to translate complex policies into simplistic stories and compelling arguments, conveying them across all media channels. You can read more about this position here.
The Family Foundation of Virginia is actively recruiting college students for our summer internship program.
If you are interested in law and public policy, monitoring legislation, research and writing, political media, event planning, fundraising, grassroots, elections, ministry, or special projects with a legislative or cultural emphasis, as well as working with an experienced team of professionals prepared to mentor, this is an internship you cannot afford to miss. Our interns are involved in challenging work that will give them real-life experience to benefit them in their future careers.
Applications are received on a rolling-admissions basis; there are no admissions deadlines. However, slots fill up quickly.
What does a Family Foundation internship include?
- $1,500 stipend for two months
- Free housing
- Parking pass for downtown office
- Weekly biblical worldview training and discussion
- Additional reading and educational resources for your personal use (material subject to department)
- Invitation to Family Foundation events, including our annual gala
- Participation in challenging and worthwhile projects
To apply, please complete our Internship Application
Completed applications should be submitted to Erica Newman
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Mail: The Family Foundation | attn: Erica Newman | 919 E. Main St., Ste. 1110 | Richmond, VA 23219
- By Phone: (804) 343-0010
The Family Foundation page program is available for high school students only. Our program begins the Monday before the second Wednesday in January and lasts for 60 days in even-numbered years and 45 days in odd-numbered years.
During session, our hours are 8 to 5 and pages are encouraged to work at least 1 full day or 2 half days so they can experience as much as possible. The Family Foundation’s office (919 E. Main Street, 11th Floor) is located in the SunTrust building at the corner of 9th and Main Streets (two blocks from the Richmond Capitol).
Pages will work directly with our full time staff, contract lobbyists, General Assembly coordinator, interns, as well as other pages. Tasks include but are not limited to
- Delivering Family Foundation policy research and briefs to legislation
- Assisting our staff and interns with administrative office tasks
- Attending some committee meetings and House/Senate floor debates
- Assisting in preparation for our annual Day at the Capitol and Legislative Briefing
For more information, please contact Erica Newman by phone at 804-343-0010 or by email at tffresume@FamilyFoundation.org .