Since our founding, The Family Foundation has sought to enhance the value of human life through increased restrictions on elective abortion and greater information and support for mothers who find themselves wrestling with an unplanned pregnancy. While saving human life has been the chief objective, measures that not only save unborn life but also provide to these children greater legal status as individuals should be given priority. Protecting the rights of faith-based organizations that provide financial support to women facing crisis pregnancies and do not have the means to support them has been another priority.
The Family Foundation works from the belief that human life from fertilization to natural death is sacred, and the right to life is foundational to all other rights.
What we are doing:
- Ensuring Women's Health | Virginia's abortion center health and safety standards adopted in 2012 resulted in the uncovering of hundreds of health and safety violations. Protection of these standards forces the abortion industry to clean up unsanitary facilities.
- Fighting Taxpayer Subsidization of Abortion Industry | the taxpayers of Virginia should not be asked to subsidize or support an industry that they find objectionable, whether directly funding abortion or funneling taxpayer dollars to the industry.
- Protecting End of Life Decisions | public policy should protect human life at its most vulnerable point, including those who are nearing the end of life.
- Supporting Life Saving Ministries | organizations that support women facing an unplanned pregnancy should be encouraged and rewarded.
- Increase Access to and Encourage Adoption | adoption is an incredibly wonderful, yet difficult journey. Law should not impede adoption, and should encourage, promote and strengthen adoption programs.
- Required Parental Consent for Abortion
- Appropriate Health and Safety Standards for Abortion Centers
- Require opportunity for women to view ultrasound prior to abortion
- Wrongful death for unborn
- Informed Consent for Abortion
- Fetal Homicide Law (Conner’s Law)
- Prohibited Partial Birth Infanticide
- Passed Prenatal Protection
- “Established Choose Life” License Plate with Proceeds to Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- Eliminated State Taxpayer Funding of Low-Income Elective Abortion
- Outlaw Elective Abortion in Obamacare Health Insurance Exchanges